DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
The Department of Chemistry was established in the year 2018.
- To foster global competencies among the students and impart value based education.
Under Graduate Programme
3 Years Course
BA in English deals with the study of linguistics and specific areas of literature. The programme offers an in-depth knowledge of English grammar and usage, British Literature, critical thinking, diversity, written and communication skills, and more.
- The Department has well furnished staff room with Laptop, Desktop, & an Intercom
- Department Library with 261 books
- Journals: International :08, National : 04, Magazines :04
- Spacious & ventilated classrooms: 05
- Fully equipped Language Lab with sixty three Desktops & Headphones.
- Wi-Fi facility on the entire campus for the students and the faculty.
We are design thinkers
- 15.02.2019: “Nobel Laureates in Literature and Nobel Facts”, by Sa.K.Narayan Das(Retd), Department of Physics, Bharathiar University.
- 26.12.2018: “Newspaper Hierarchy”, by L.Rajagopal, Principal, Correspondent, THE NEW INDIAN EXPRESS”, Coimbatore.
- 11.01.2018: “How Journalism Differs From Theory and Practice” By Ms. S. Nevedha, Reporter The New Indian Express, Coimbatore.
- 23.12.2016: “Emerging Trends in English Language” by Dr. K. Rathnasabapathi, Associate professor of English, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- 21.12.2016: “Challenge in Indian Journalism” by Sruthi R Mallya, Reporter of the New Indian Express, Coimbatore.
- 22.8.2016: "Purple Passages from Shakespeare: A Study and Demo” by Dr. N. Ramani, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore.
- 28.02.12: “Language Erudition – Habit Formation” by Dr.G.V.Suresh
- 23.06.11: “Language for communication” by Dr.K.Rathinasababathy, Professor, Department of English, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- 26.02.2019: “Transgender: Not a Mirage but a Mirror”, by Kalki Subramaniam, Social Activist, Actor.
- 07.09.2018: “Literary Criticism: An Overview”, by Dr. D.E. Bennet, Associate Professor, National College.
- 10.08.2017: “Phonetics” by Mr. B. Mahesh Babu, English Language Instructor & Assistant, Science College, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
- 10.03.2018: Conference on ”Musings on Indian Diaspora” by Dr. Joseph Rathna Jayakar, Associate Professor, Department of English, Gitam University, Hyderabad.
- 08.03.2017:”Women on Women in World Literature” by Dr. Melissa Helen, Assistant Professor in Osmania University Hyderabad & Dr. W.S.Kottiswari, Associate Professor & Head, Department of English, Mercy College, Pallakad.
- 10.01.2017: “Inauguration of Drama Club” by Jayashree V Moorthy, Managing Trustee, STHAAYI, Theatre in Education, Theatre for Education, Coimbatore.
- 20.01.2016: “Indian English and Indianisms” & Cultural Attitudes and Behaviour in Cross Cultural Interaction” by Dr. Vridhagiri Ganeshan, Former Vice Chancellor, Central Institute of English & Foreign Languages, Hyderabad.
- 27.08.2015: “Significance of Bec Course” by Mr.M. Mangala Prathaban, Managing Partner & Head, ESOL Consultancy and Corporate Training Centre, Coimbatore
- 20,21.08.2015: “Change Your World By Changing Your Language” by Mrs. Indhumathi Sathish Kumar, Managing Partner & Mr. D.Sathish Kumar, Managing Director, OGMA-The Language Institute, Gandhipuram, Coimbatore.
- 12.012.2014: “Mind Management” by Dr. Radhakrishnan, Director, Skills Training Centre, Coimbatore.
- 25.07.2014: “BEC Course” by Mr.M. Mangala Prathaban, Managing Partner & Head, ESOL Consultancy and Corporate Training Centre, Coimbatore.
- 05.03.2014:”A Discourse on the Bhagavad Gita- Its Relevance” by Shri Madhu Gopal Das, Vice – President, ISKCON, Coimbatore.
- 11.02.2014: “Computer Assisted Language Learning” by Mr. G. Subramanian, Assistant Professor, Government Arts College, Coimbatore,
- 13.12.2013:” Feminism – A Fresh Perspective” by Dr.R. Poongothai, Professor in Kongunadu CAS, Coimbatore.
- 22.07.2013:” Translation Theories” by Professor D.C. Ramasamy, Translator, Editor.
- 12.12.2012:”Shakespeare and Classic Plays” by Professor, Rathinasamy, Retired HM.
- 12.10.2012:”Gandhi in Indian English Literature” by Dr. Markandan, Retired, VC in Gandhigram University.
- 06.09.2012:”Communicative Skills & Personality Development” by Sayed Haris Thangal, Motivational Speaker, Kerala.
- 18.07.2012:”Literature the Mirror of Life” by Dr. Ravishankar, Head, Sree Saraswati Thiyagaraja College, Pollachi.
- 09.03.2012:”Soliloquies in Shakespearean Plays” by Dr. V.Krishanan, Professor, Department of English, VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- 09.02.2012:”Poetry-Reading and Comprehending” by Dr. Kalairani, Professor, Department of English, Kongunadu College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- 29.09.2011:”Indian Writing in English” by Dr.C.Muralidara Kannan, Senior Professor, Government College, Coimbatore
- 22.07.2011:”Skills for Work-Presentation Skills” by Dr. Thiyagarajan, Presenter, University of Cambridge, ESOL Examinations.
- 03.03.2019: Conducted Awareness Programme on Plastic Usage, at Sellapanur, Maruthur Panchayat, Karamadai Block, Coimbatore.
- 14.10.2017: Visit to Organic Farm at Pannimadai to learn the techniques and apply in farming.
- 03.04.2017: Conducted Awareness programme on Traditional Farming
- 09.01.2017- 18.1.2017: Digitalized English Language Teaching for secondary students for students of Dr.Dasarathan International School, Thoppampatti Pirivu, Coimbatore.
- 02.03.2016: Offered communicative and soft skills training at Bhavanisagar Government Hr.Secondary School.
- 10.10.2013: Conducted Awareness Camp on Significance of Education In Pamboor- Paramakudi district.
- 14.08.2013: Conducted English Literary Competitions for Rural School Children.
- 12.12.2012: Distributed sweets and stationery among the children of MARIYALAYA near Athipalayam Pirivu
- 05.09.2012: Conducted English Literary Competitions for Rural School Children.
- 06.10.2011: Conducted English Literary Competitions for Rural School Children
- English for Empowerment
|S.No||BATCH||NAME OF THE STUDENT|
|1||2010 - 2013||INDIRA PRIYA.S|
|2||2011 - 2014||ANGELINE KAVIYA. J|
|3||2012 - 2015||ANGELINE KAVIYA.J|
|4||2013 - 2016||SUBHALAKSHMI.R||5||2014 - 2017||SHALINI.R|
|6||2015 - 2018||ROSHINIE.S|
|7||2016 - 2019||BHUVANAPRABHA.R|
|S.No||BATCH||NAME OF THE STUDENT|
|1||2013 - 2015||MONICA SELES|
|2||2014 - 2016||SHAJITHA.M|
|3||2015 - 2017||SUTHARSHAN.V||4||2016 - 2018||DHIVYA.M.V|
|5||2017 - 2019||SWATHI.S|