PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
department of commerce
- Accounting knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, Social science, accounting fundamentals and accounting specialization to the solution of complex accounting & management problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate and analyze socio – economic problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using principles of accounting and social studies.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for economic problems to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use technical knowledge including design of analysis, interpretation and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern statistical and mathematical tools.
- The accountant and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional accounting practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional accounting solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the accounting practices.