PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
B.SC CATERING SCIENCE AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- Practice and demonstrate skills and knowledge required of Professional Culinarians and apply them to basic hotel operation system.
- Practice and demonstrate industry-standard knowledge and skills regarding sanitation, personal hygiene, and safety procedures.
- Perform cost calculations and apply them to decision-making situations and manage labour and food costs.
- Demonstrate purchasing responsibilities by writing food specifications, applying best purchasing practices, interpreting market trends, using new technology applications.
- Preparation of classic and contemporary cooking and baking techniques that represent a variety of global cuisines.
- Forecast sales and expenses in a variety of hospitality businesses through analyzing food cost and budgeting.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to lead/manage first-level employees in a culinary setting.