PG Counselling Code: 326
DEPARTMENT of cATERING SCIENCE AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT
Knowledge and Skill on Specific Discipline
Design and Development
Usage of Modern Tools
Problem Analysis and Solutions
Creativity and Innovation
Sensitivity to multi-ethnic Cultural Environment
Life Long Learning
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
B.SC CATERING SCIENCE AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- Practice and demonstrate skills and knowledge required of Professional Culinarians and apply them to basic hotel operation system.
- Practice and demonstrate industry-standard knowledge and skills regarding sanitation, personal hygiene, and safety procedures.
- Perform cost calculations and apply them to decision-making situations and manage labour and food costs.
- Demonstrate purchasing responsibilities by writing food specifications, applying best purchasing practices, interpreting market trends, using new technology applications.
- Preparation of classic and contemporary cooking and baking techniques that represent a variety of global cuisines.
- Forecast sales and expenses in a variety of hospitality businesses through analyzing food cost and budgeting.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to lead/manage first-level employees in a culinary setting.