DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
The Department of Mathematics has been functioning since 2002 with the sole aim of equipping the students both in Mathematics and Computer Application fields. It is functioning effectively with qualified, experienced and dedicated staff members. Post graduate in Mathematics course has been established (2012 - 2013). M.Phil (P/T) Programmme (since 2010) and Ph.D (P/T) programme (since 2011) are also offered in various fields Operator theory, Optimization Techniques, Graph theory and Differential Equations.
- To encourage the student community to master various fields of mathematics to face the real life situations.
- To help the students in expanding their mathematical skills and ability to understand and work practically in different computer applications.
- To imbibe moral values through holistic approach and a spirit of national integration.
Under Graduate Programme
3 Years Course
B.Sc. Mathematics is an undergraduate Mathematics course. The course covers the knowledge of theoretical, applied and applicable mathematics. It is specially designed for students looking to a career in Mathematics. It aims at preparing graduates for B.Ed, higher studies in reputed Mathematics Institutions and Competitive examinations.
B.Sc Mathematics with CA
3 Years Course
B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications is an undergraduate Mathematics course. The course covers the knowledge of mathematics and computer science. It is specially designed for students looking to a career in Mathematics and Computer field. It aims at preparing graduates for employment in application areas that require substantial input from both these two disciplines. After passing the course they can go for further research studies.
Post Graduate Programme
2 Years Course
The students become more skilled and specialized in a particular subject after the master degree program. In this course, students learn to Theoritical, Applied and Applicable Mathematics.
- The Department has well furnished Staff room with Laptop, Desktop, Intercom
- Department Library with 109 Books and 12 E-Books
- 6 Class rooms with Spacious and ventilated facilities
- Class rooms with ICT Facility : 01
- 1 Printers , 1 LCD
- Wi-Fi Campus
We are design thinkers
- 11.02.2017: "Chromatic numbers and its applications" by Dr.M.Venkatachalam,Asssistant Professor,Kongu Nadu Arts and Science College,Coimbatore
- 22.12.2014: "Ramanujan Numbers" by Dr.K.Abdul Hakeem, Asssistant Professor, SRMV,Coimbatore
- 06.02.2013: "Fuzzy logic and its Applications" by Dr.K.Indirani, Associate Professor, Nirmala College for women, Coimbatore.
- 08.03.2012: "Techniques for Personality and Skill Development" by Dr.K.Indirani, Associate Professor, Nirmala College for women, Coimbatore
- 09.09.2019 : "Cyber Security and Hacking" by Mr.A.Gobinath, Head, Trainer of Development, Xplore IT Corp and Mr.K.Aravinth, Head, Training and Delivery, Xplore IT Corp, Coimbatore
- 15.09.2018 : "Big Data Technologies(HADOOP)" by Mr.K.Elangovan, Senior Software Engineer, Angler Technologies, Coimbatore
- 06.09.2019 : "ISTQB - Software Testing" by A.Kathirvel, Associate Project Manager, Robert Bosch and Mr.M.Mahendran, Senior Software Engineer, Robert Bosch, Coimbatore
- 05.07.2018 : "Cloud Computing and AWS" by Mr.K.Santhosh Prabu, CISCO NETACAD Trainer, KGISL Technologies, Coimbatore
- 25.01.2018 : "Programming in Java" by Mr.Kathirvel Arunachalam, Mr. Nagendhranmani, Senior Software Engineer, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Coimbatore.
- 31.07.2019: Inter Disciplinary Mathematics Exhibition
- 18.06.2019: Experiential Learning Programme on Journey to the World of Science at Regional Science Centre, Coimbatore.
- 10.02.2019: 131th Birth Anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan Intercollegiate meet by Dr.S.Panayappan, CSIR- Emeritus Scientist, Associate Professor and Head, Retd. Principal, Chikkanna Govt. Arts College, Tirupur
- 02.02.2019: Workshop on Latest Technology Development in Mobile Android, Mr.Mohammed, Training Head, Global Vision Training Academe, Coimbatore.
- 28.12.2018: One day Workshop on "LaTeX" by Dr.M.Venkatachalam, Associate Professor, Kongu Nadu Arts and Science College.
- 02.02.2018: Workshop on "LaTeX" by Dr.R.Jothimurugan, Asst.Professor, Dept. of Physics, PSNA College of Engineering & Tech., Dindigul, Dr.D.Aravinthan, Research Associate, Centre for Nonlinear Dynamics, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchy, Mr.P.A.Praveen, Senior Research Fellow, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchy
- 09.01.2018: Intercollegite Meet by Dr.K.Muthukumarasamy, Associate Professor, Kongu Nadu Arts and Science College
- 15.03.2017: International Seminar on "Recent Development in Applied Mathematics and theoretical physics"
- 12.01.2016: 128th Birth Anniversary of SrinivasaRamanujan Intercollegiate meet by Dr. M. Gururajan, Former Prof. of Statistics, Madras Christian College, Chennai
- 10.09.2015: National Seminar on "Recent Trends in Fuzzy Logic and Optimization Techniques" by Dr.A.Krishnamoorthy, Emeritus Scientist, Cochin University of Science & Technology, Cochin, Dr. A. NagoorGani, Associate Professor, Jamal Mohamed College, Trichy.
- 01.03.2014: National Conference on "Recent Advances in Grpah Theory and Operator Theory" by Dr.G.Suresh Singh, Professor & Head, University of Kerala, Thiruvanandhapuram, Dr.K.Balachandran,Professor & Head, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Dr.S.Panayappan,CSIR EMERITUS SCIENTIST, Government Arts College, Coimbatore.
- 26.08.2013: Workshop on "Tally ERP9" by R.SaravanaSelvam,Tally Trainer, Coimbatore.
- 31.12.2012: Intercollegiate Meet 125th Srinivasa Ramanujan Birth Anniversary by Mr.M.Samuthra Pandian, HOD, Department Of Mathematics, SNS College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- 15.09.2012: State Level Workshop on "MATLAB" by Haresh .M Pandiya, Associate Professor,Department of Physics,Chikkana Govt. Arts College, Tiruppur
- 16.09.2011: State Level Workshop on "Applications of Mathematics in Software" by Dr.R.Radha Krishnan, Associate Professor, PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Mrs.G.Amali Paul Rose. Assistant Professor,KGISL, Coimbatore.
- 15/02/2018: Carrier Guidance Programme at Pandit Nehru Matric.Hr.Sec.School, Kurichi, Coimbatore.
- 09/02/2018: Domain based extension activity at Govt. Hr. Sec. School, Kavelipalayam.
- 05/02/2018: Domain based extension activity at K.K.Vidyalaya Matric. Hr.Sec. School, Kaduvettipalayam.
- 02/02/2018: Domain based extension activity at Corporation Higher Secondary School, R.S.Puram, Coimbatore.
- 11/01/2018: Cleaning the Railway station at Railway station ,Thudiayalur.
- 07/01/2018: Donating Fund at Saranalayam,Coimbatore.
- 07/01/2018: Donating provisions at Donbosco Anbu Illam, Vellakinar, Coimbatore
- 10/08/2017: School Linkage programme at Corporation Higher Secondary School, R.S.Puram,Coimbatore.
- 03/04/2017: Awareness Program on Conservation of energy at Karamadai, Periyanaickanpalayam and Thudiyalur.
- 26/11/2015: Donated 5 pump stoves to the flood affected area at Kadalore
- 27/07/2015: Teaching mathematics using mathematical models and issuing formula books at VCV Higher Secondary School ,Vellakinar
- 26/03/2015: Blood Donation at Ramana Gounder Medical Trust,Coimbatore
- 26/03/2015: Blood Donation at Akshit foundation ,Coimbatore
- 29/01/2015: To conducted Maths oriented games and easy way of teaching Mathematics using Formulas & Models at Holy Angles Matriculation Higher Secondary SchooMettupalayam.
- 04/12/2014: To attend Young India, Arise! Youth convention camp (NSS) at Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya,Coimbatore.
- 11/11/2014: Blood Donation at Ganga Medicalcentre &Hospitals (P) Ltd., Coimbatore
- 18/08/2014: Teaching Mathematics using Mathematical Models at RosaryGirls High School, Suthanthirapuram, Mettupalayam.
- 05/03/2014: Entertained and helped the Orphanage people of Karunai Illam,Kavundampalayam.
- 08/02/2014 to 09/02/2014: Youth Self Employment Training cum Environmental awareness programme.
- 23/03/2013: Donated the Stationery and Bags for poor students of Jeeva Karunya Asharam, Naikkampalyam.
- 15/07/2013: Educational service for the poor children, Annanagar ,Vellakinar.
- 10/08/2013 to 11/08/2013: Two days animation for the orphan & semi-orphan children on Don Bosco Anbu Illam, Vellakinar.
- Mathematical Applications of Test of Hypothesis & Sampling Technique
- Mathematical Problems in Estimation Theory & Confidence Interval
- Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operations Research
- Operator Theory for Beginners
- Mathematical Statistics
|S.No||BATCH||NAME OF THE STUDENT|
|1||2009 - 2012||M.Subramanian|
|2||2010 - 2013||A.Elakkiya Mary|
|3||2011 - 2014||V.Sreelekha|
|4||2012 - 2015||M. Arokya Raj||5||2014 - 2017||R.Gowri|
|6||2015 - 2018||R.Priyadarshini|
|7||2016 - 2019||S. Rajkumar|
|8||2017 - 2020||S. Wilson Raj|
|S.No||BATCH||NAME OF THE STUDENT|
|1||2012 - 2014||M.Subramanian|
|2||2013 - 2015||J. Banazir|
|3||2015 - 2017||S. Yashodha||4||2016 - 2018||R. Tharani|
|5||2017 - 2019||M. Bharath Lavanya|
|6||2018 - 2020||R.Priyadarshini|