DEPARTMENT OF physics
The department of Physics was started in the year 2016.
- Conducting events in state, national and international levels to form healthy collaborations.
- Educating students by different teaching pedagogies.
- Getting applicable and publishable results by doing active and effective research.
- Encouraging students to participate in innovative and research activities to compete globally.
Under Graduate Programme
3 Years Course
BSc Physics is a 3 year undergraduate course, which deals with the nuances of Physics and its various properties. The curriculum is divided into 6 semesters, spanning over three years.
- Spacious and ventilated class rooms.
- Well furnished Staff room with Desktop, Laptop, Printer, LCD projector and Intercom.
- Sophisticated Physics Laboratory with branded equipments.
- Dark room and separate store room for equipments.
- Learning through activity, participation and experiments.
- ICT supported teaching Special Lectures on recent developments by experts.
- Open source learning Department Library
- Wi-Fi facility
- Computer Laboratory
We are design thinkers
SKILL AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT
industry Institute Partnership
Social RESPONSIBILITY Initiative
- 11.07.2019 - Guest Lecture on Physics of Music & INTRODUCING OPEN ELECTIVE COURSE - PHYSICS OF MUSIC, Resourse person: Dr.V.Viswanathan, Retd.Professor, Dept.of Physics, Sri Vasavi College, Erode.
- 28.02.2019 - National Science Day celebration – 2019 - Sir C.V Raman’s birthday was celebrated as National Science Day on 28.02.2019 by Department of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as “SCIENTIA 2019”. The chief guest for the function was Dr. Sa. K. Narayanadass.
- 20.01.2019 - National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE) conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers. Nodal Center for National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE). Center Toppers - 10 Students (2018-19)
- 15.10.2018 - ABDUL KALAM DAY-2018- Abdul Kalam Day was celebrated as Dream day. The chief guest for the function was Dr.Saa. K. Narayanadass from HoD (Former) Department of Physics, Bharathiar University.
- 27.09.2018 - INAGURATION OF ASTRO PHYSICS CLUB-2018 - Members of Astro Physics Club: 156 students[98 students (BSc-Physics), 13 students (BSc- Chemistry) and 45 students (BSc – Mathematics)]. Resource person: Dr.Saa. Narayanadass, Former Professor and Head, Department of Physics, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore
- 02.02.2018: Workshop on "LaTeX" by Dr.R.Jothimurugan, Asst.Professor, Dept. of Physics, PSNA College of Engineering & Tech., Dindigul, Dr.D.Aravinthan, Research Associate, Centre for Nonlinear Dynamics, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchy, Mr.P.A.Praveen, Senior Research Fellow, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchy
- 12.10.2017: “Strategic Research and Developments on Nation Building” by Dr. K. Kadirvelu, Scientist and Joint Director, DRDO-BU Centre for Life Sciences, DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Bharathiar University Campus, Coimbatore – 641 046
- 01.08.2017: Guest Lecture on "Current Trends in Physics" by Prof. P. Kolandaivel, Department of Physics, Bharathiar University.
- 23.03.2017: Guest Lecture on “Nanotechnology: Principles of Applications” by Prof. N. Ponpandian, Professor and Head, Department of Nanoscience and Technology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046
- 23.03.2017 : Science Exhibition : 30 models and projects by I B.Sc. Students.
- 15.03.2017 : International Seminar on “Recent Developments in Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics” jointly organized by the Departments of Mathematics and Physics
- 26.08.2016 : Inauguration of “Physics ASsociation of Creativity And Learning – PASCAL” inaugurated.
- 03.03.2017 : Second Prize by J. Tamilvanan, I BSc Physics (2016-17) in ADZAP at Karpagam University, Coimbatore.
- 15.08.2016 : Kavithai Kalaimani – 2016 award by G. Sujithkumar, I BSc Physics (2016-17) in Tamil Poetry competition from Kavi Arasar Tamil Association, Namakkal.
- 23.03.2017 : Prof. N. Ponpandian, Professor and Head, Department of Nanoscience and Technology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046, Tamilnadu.
- 15.03.2017 : Dr. S. Murugesh, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (Dept. of Space, Govt. of India), Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala.
- “Nanotechnology: Principles of Applications” by Prof. N. Ponpandian, Professor and Head, Department of Nanoscience and Technology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046 on 23.03.2017.
- “Spin Current Induced Data Storage Manipulation” by Dr. S. Murugesh, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (Dept. of Space, Govt. of India), Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547 on 15.03.2017.