DEPARTMENT OF COMmerce
The Department of Commerce was started in 1999 with a B.Com degree programme. An additional section was opened in 2006. It was elevated to PG Department in 2004 with the starting of MIB in 2004 and M.Com in 2012.
- To conduct at least one Seminar / Symposium per year by inviting the experts from outside.
- To encourage the Staff / Students to participate & present paper in state and national level seminar.
Under Graduate Programme
3 Years Course
The course is designed to provide students with a wide range of managerial skills and understanding in streams like finance, accounting, taxation and management”.
Post Graduate Programme
2 Years Course
Masters of Commerce or MCom is a post graduate level course ideal for candidates who wish to make a career in banking financial services and insurance (BFSI) as well as accounting and commerce sectors.
- The Department has well furnished Staff room with Separate Cabin ,Laptop, Desktop, Intercom
- 1 Printers , 1 LCD, 1 OHP
- Department Library with 290 Books and 31 E-Books & 32 E-Thesis
- Spacious ventilated 8 Class rooms
- Class rooms with ICT Facility : 01
- Fully equipped Commerce Laboratory with One desktop, Printer and Scanner
- Wi-Fi Facility on the Entire Campus for the student and faculty members
We are design thinkers
- 03-03-2019: “Higher Studies & Job Opportunities” by Mr.P.Rajeshkumar, Coimbatore
- 28-01-2019: “Entrepreneurial- An Overview “by Ms. S. Pavithra, Proprietor, the Ventureholics, Coimbatore
- 10-10-2018: “Mutual Fund Awareness & Equity Investing” by Mr.N.Mahesh Kumar, Financial Service Analyst
- 11-09-2018: “Capital Market Awareness and Equity Investing” by Mr.K. Thangaraj, Financial Service Analyst
- 11-09-2018: “Essentials of Contract Act” by Lr.S.Senthikumar, Advocate cum Trademark Attorney, Coimbatore
- 27-12-2017: "Being a Company Secretary – A Practical View" by Mr. Ramasubramania Raja, Chairman, ICSI Chapter, Coimbatore
- 30-08-2017: "Indian Economy A bird’s Eye View' by Dr. G. Gnanasekaran, Director of MBA,Dr.SNSR CAS
- 04-08-2017: "ICSI Awareness Among the Students" by Mr. Eswaramoorthi, Ex-Chairman, ICSI Chapter
- 24-07-2017: "Capital Market Awareness and Equity Investing" by Mr. Venugopal Rayirath, Lotus Knowealth
- 29-06-2017: "GST on Indian Taxation System" by Mr. A.D. Santhoshkumar CA, Auditor
- 04-03-2017: "E-Filing practices" by Mr. Babu, Mturk Solutions
- 03-08-2016: "Mutual Fund Awareness – Invest Correctly" by Mr. Mahesh Kumar, ICICI Prudential
- 08-03-2016: "Women Empowerment" by Mr. C. Ramaswamy, Managing Director, Leeda
- 03-02-2016: "E-Filing" by Mr. Prabhu kesavan, Accopedia
- 01-10-2015: "Investors’ Education System" by Mr. Venugopal, Bombay Stock Exchange
- 12-02-2014: “VAT and E-Filing” by Mr.C.Muthukumar, Managing Director, SriKara Institute,Coimbatore
- 17-07-2012: “Tally ERP" by Mr.S.Sugmar,Business Development Manager,CSC Computer Centre, Coimbatore
- 27-12-2011: "Teen’s Self Esteem” by Mr.M.Manikandan,Proprietor,Ammai appaa fibres, Pollachi
- 23-09-2011: "Vanigamum Vazhkaiyum” by Kalaimamani Thiru.SukiSivam,Chennai
- 26-08-2011: “Industrial Accountant” by Mr.V.G.Shanmugam, Area Development Manager, ICA, South Zone,Coimbatore
- 11-01-2011: “A paradigm shift to achieve success in our life” by Mr.S.Madhusudan, Motivator & Trainer, Focus,Coimbatore
- 15.10.2018 - 17th Annual Students Conference for ICSI by Mr.Eswaramoorthy, Ex-Chairman, ICSI Coimbatore Chapter
- 23.04.2018 & 24.04.2018 –Workshop on “Tally with GST” by Mr.G.Babu, E-Smart Education Technology, Coimbatore
- 30.03.2018 - National level Seminar on “Indian Economy – A Prospective Outlook” Dr.S.Rajendran, Associate Professor of Economics, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul and Dr.A.Sugirtharani, Assistant Professor of Economics, Periyar University Salem.
- 03-03-2018: National Seminar on "Indian Economy: A Prospective Outlook" by Dr. S. Rajendran, Profesaor of Economics, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Dindigul and Dr. A. Sugirtharani, Assistant Professor of Ecocnomics, Periyar University, Salem
- 09-01-2016: “Indian Financial system” by Mr. Anil Khicha, Partner, Accopedia School of Accounting, Mumbai & CA G. Baskaran, Subramaniyam & Associates, Coimbatore
- 27-02-2015: “Emerging Trends and Issues in Commerce” by Prof. Methil Krish, CEO, Krish Academy of Excellence, Palakkad, Kerala & Mr. Shrikrishnan CEO, Global Vision Infocon Services, Cochin, Kerala Dr. X.L.X. Wilson, Associate Professor, Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore
- 21-02-2014: One Day National Level Seminar On “Role of FDI In Retail Sector – Issues & Challenges -Chief Guest: Mr.K.Subramaniyam,President,Labour Court Advocate Association, South Zone, Tamilnadu.Mr. D. Gopalakrishnan,Managing Partner,Deccan clothing Company, Coimbatore.Dr.Rameshwari Ramachandra Associate Professor (Retd.),PSGR Krishnammal College For Women,Coimbatore
- 17-08-2012: One day National Level Seminar on Financial Innovation And Emerging Markets- Chief Guest: Dr.S.Nakkiran, Professor,Ambo University, EthiopiaDr.P.Chellasamy Asst.Prof in Commerce, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. Dr.A.Tamilarasu,Professor,Ambo University, Ethiopia
- 12-07-2019: Petition writing at District Collector Office, Coimbatore.
- 11-01-2019: Skill Development Programme in Government Primary School, Kurumbaplayam, Coimbatore.
- 05-01-2019: Medical Camp in Douglas Memorial Children’s Home, Thudiyalur, Coimbatore.
- 29-12-2018: Providing Food Materials and New Dresses to Children in Universal Peace Foundation, Karuvalur, Avinashi.
- 17-12-2018: Petition writing at District Collector Office, Coimbatore.
- 28-7-2017: Training programme on Banking Practice (Cashless Transaction and Career Guidance) at Government Higher Secondary School, SS Kulam, Coimbatore.
- 21-7-2017: Training programme on Banking Practice (Cashless Transaction and Career Guidance at Government Higher Secondary School, Ashokapuram, Coimbatore.
- 15-7-2017: Training programme on Banking practice (Cashless Transaction and Career Guidance at V.C.V. Government Higher Secondary School, Vellakinar & Swathanthra Higher Secondary School, Kovilpalayam, Coimbatore.
- 26-08-2016: Training programme on Tally and Banking Practice at Government Higher Secondary School, Ganapathy, Coimbatore.
- 31-08-2016: Training programme on Tally and Banking Practice at Government Higher Secondary School, Kalapatti, Coimbatore.
- 30-08-2016: Training programme on Tally and Banking Practice at Government Higher Secondary School, Vellamadai, Coimbatore.
- 31-08-2015: Petition writing at District Collector Office, Coimbatore.
- 23-07-2015 & 24-07-2015: Training programme on Tally and Banking Practice at Government Higher Secondary School, Kovilpalayam, Coimbatore
- 24-07-2015: Awareness programme on Organ Donation at Thudiyalur, Coimbatore.
- 28-01-2015: Awareness programme on Swachh Bharat Abiyan and Dengue at Mathvarayapuram, Coimbatore.
- 23-01-2015: Pongal celebration at Panchayat Union Elementary school, SS kulam, Coimbatore.
- 01.08.2014: Provided food, snacks and medicines to Sri Madhva Anbu Illam,Mettupalayam
- 01.08.2014: Provided food, snacks to Samadhanam Children's Home & Anbalayam Senior Citizen Home, avinashi
- 04.03.2014: Conducted Games and distribute prizes to Karamadai Panchayat Union Primary School, karmadai
- 18.02.2014: Donated Stationery, Medicine,Dress,Snacks to Universal Peace Foundation , Annur
- 29.12.2013: N.Dhanapriya of III B.com-B has created the awareness regarding Untouchability, in P.G.P College Namakkal , through her Bharathanatiyam in “ Paatum Bharathamum Bharathiyum- Maaperum Sathanai Kalai Vizha”
- 23.08.2013: Conducted Interschool commerce meet
- 10.01.2013: Provided food snacks ,provisions , clothes to Bharatha Annai Illam , Pannimadai
- 09.01.2013:Provided Stationery, Medicine,Dress,Snacks to Universal Peace Foundation, Annur
- 09.01.2013: Provided Stationery, Medicine,Dress,Snacks to Bharatha Annai Illam, Pannimadai
- 08.01.2013: Provided Food and donated cash to Karunai Illam, karamadai
- 19.12.2012: Provided Lunch, Stationeries & clothes to Bharatha Annai Illam , Pannimadai
- 11.02.2011: Provided Lunch ,Stationeries to Guild of Service children home, Goundampalayam
- 04.02.2012: Provided Lunch to Marialaya, Athipalayam Pirivu
- 04.02.2012: Provided Lunch to Douglas Memorial Children’s Home,Vattamala Palayam
- 04.02.2012: Provided Lunch, Stationeries & Gifts to Bharatha Annai Illam,Pannimadai
- 04.02.2011: Provided Lunch , Stationeries , Provisions to Neyam,Mettupalayam
- 09.01.2011: Provided Lunch to Douglas Memorial Children’s Home,Vattamala Palayam
- Mr. R.Shankar has received BEST YOUNG FACULTY award by DK International Research Foundation, Chennai on Dec. 2018
- Mr. R.Shankar has Selected as a Editorial member in DK International Research Foundation on Dec. 2018
- Mr. R.Shankar has cleared NET on January 2019 in Management Studies
- Mr.R.Shankar has Selected as a Review member in Journal of Emerging Technology and Innovative Research (International Peer Reviewed Journal)
- Dr.A.Sivakumar received BEST FACULTY award from Vivekanandha College of Arts & Science on February 2019
- Dr.A.Sivakumar received BEST FACULTY award from GRABS Educational Trust on February.2019
- Ms. K. Sumathi received BEST FACULTY award from Vivekanandha College of Arts & Science on February 2019
- Ms. K. Sumathi received BEST FACULTY award from GRABS Educational Trust on February 2019
- Ms.J.Jayashree received BEST YOUNG FACULTY award from Vivekanandha College of Arts & Science on February 2019
- Ms.J.Jayashree received BEST YOUNG FACULTY award from GRABS Educational Trust on February 2019
- Dr.J.Udhayakumar received BEST FACULTY award from Vivekanandha College of Arts & Science on February 2019
- Dr.J.Udhayakumar received BEST FACULTY award from GRABS Educational Trust on February 2019
- Mr. R. Shankar has awarded Ph.D in Commerce April 2019
- Ms. J. Jayashree has awarded Ph.D in Commerce June – 2019
- Ms. K. Sumathi has awarded Ph.D in Commerce July – 2019
- NITHYAPRIYA.S of M.Com. has cleared National Eligibility Test (June 2018)
- SURESH. G of M.Com. has cleared National Eligibility Test (June 2019)
|S.No||BATCH||NAME OF THE STUDENT|
|1||2009 - 2012||D.KEERTHANA|
|2||2010 - 2013||M.REKHA|
|3||2011 - 2014||R.SARANYA|
|4||2012 - 2015||D.SWETHA||5||2014 - 2017||S.SATHYAPRABHAHAR|
|6||2015 - 2018||V.MALARBHATHI|
|7||2016 - 2019||K.P.SHARMITHA|
|7||2017 - 2020||HEMALATHA SHARMA.R|
|S.No||BATCH||NAME OF THE STUDENT|
|1||2011 - 2013||S.PRIYA|
|2||2012 - 2014||V.THANDAVAMOORTHI|
|3||2013 - 2015||D.PAVITHRA||4||2015 - 2017||D.SWETHA|
|5||2016 - 2018||R.GAYATHRI|
|6||2017 - 2019||S.TEENA|
|7||2018 - 2020||G.SURESH|