DEPARTMENT OF Costume design and fashion
Fashion the embodiment of any community showcases their creativity of lifestyle, since “Attire speaks volumes without sound.” India is one of the largest producers of textiles & has emerged as an economic activity. The development of this industry has brought about revolutionary changes in the life style of the people. The Department of Costume Design & Fashion was established in the year 2004. The faculty team of the department is guided by Mrs. B. Padma and a well qualified team of three lecturers & a Lab Assistant provide the academic support. The B.Sc. Costume Design & Fashion course offers papers highly practical to the students & is tailored to provide a solid foundation to build a successful career in the booming field of designing. The entry level competency for the entrance in Costume Design & Fashion course is a pass in higher secondary school studies in any discipline with good marks.
- To assist students to develop their individual illustrative skills in the field of fashion & introduce all aspects of professional fashion design in order to enter the world of work
- To provide qualitative & fruitful education to the students by offering modernized teachings and training by undertaking valuable programs & exchanging consultancy activities with outstanding organization.
Under Graduate Programme
B.Sc (Costume Design Fashion)
3 Years Course
The course is an undergraduate course in fashion and interior designing, which often interests students who seek a career in the fashion industry as a costume designer. The program offers massive opportunities to those who have a knack and talent for conceptualizing, designing, and creating an outfit from the very scratch, sometimes for stage or on-screen characters.
- The faculty offers excellent academic standards, with fully equipped laboratories for individual work area.
- GARMENT CONSTRUCTION LAB: This laboratory is equipped with latest range of sewing machines & and special purpose machines. The laboratory is resourceful with all equipments required for constructing garments, various types of trims & accessories used for surface embellishment.
- TEXTILE PROCESSING LAB: This laboratory is rich for textile chemistry study. Aspects of textile processing, printing, dyeing & testing goes with full swing here.
- CAD LAB: The significant breakthroughs in product development during the last two decades have been no small measure due to the use of computers in design manufacture. We provide an insight of this by giving practical training to the students through internationally valid software, TUKA, REACH, Corel draw & Photoshop. Every student gets the opportunity to practice in CAD applications, digital designing & model visualization.
- Number of department in library : 20
We are design thinkers
- 26.07.19 Handloom Fashion Show, Makkal Sevai Maiyam with Dream Zone, Dr.SNS RajalakshmiCollege of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- 12.07.19 Technical Textiles by Mr.GopalaKrishnan, Researcher Department of Fashion Technology, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- 11.7.19, Fashion photography, S.Thagarajan Operation Head, Image Creative Education.
- 12.02.19 Textile Finishing by Mr.GopalaKrishnan, Researcher Department of Fashion Technology, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- 19.02.2019: Intra - Departmental Competitions – Fashion Gala 2019,HAIR DO, SAREE DRAPING, BRIDAL MAKE-UP
- 04.01.2018: Fashion Retailing by Mr.Saravanan, Asst.Prof in Textile technology, KCT college of Technology, Coimbatore
- 20.09.2018: Technical Textiles by Mr.Saravanan, Asst.Prof in Textile technology, KCT college of Technology, Coimbatore
- 23.03.2017: Opportunities in Fashion Designing by Ms.Uma maheswari, Head & Asst professor, Dept of CD&F, Kongunadu arts & Science College, Coimabtore
- 21.03.2017: Botique Designers by Ms.Indhumathi,Creations Botique, Coimbatore
- 17.03.2017: Funding agencies by Ms.Indhumathi,Creations Botique, Coimbatore
- 06.08.2014: Banaras Jacquard weaving by Dr.Pradeep Kumar, Mr.K.Mahesh Kumar
- 11.02.2014: Intra - Departmental Competitions - Mehandi,face painting,wealth out of waste
- 19.09.2013: Workshop on Basic Painting, Glass Painting, Paper bag, nail art.
- 07.08.2013: Graphics and Illustrations in CAD Designing by ,Mr.Sundaresan, Mohamed Rafiq, Arela Animation, Coimbatore
- 22.02.2013: Fashion Show Zest”13 - Inter -college Meet.
- 01.12.2012: Workshop on “Sewing Futura” Usha International.
- 14.08.2012: Seminar on Multimedia Animation by Mr.R.Ramesh & S.Sugumar, Computer Software College, Coimbatore
- 09.03.2012: Computer Aided Designing by M.Sathraraj,TUKA center, Coimbatore
- 28.02.2012: Smposium Zest’12 Competitions - Face Painting, Surface Ornamentation, illustration, Wealth out of wast, Designer Contest.
- 28.12.2011: Seminar On - Photoshop, Reach CAD, Reach Studio by Ms.Seethalakshmi, - Dream Zone
- 06.09.11, 07.09.11: Workshop on "Ariwork" by Ms .Jayanthi.R, Ms.S.Latha - Premier Fashions.
- 31.07.2019: Industrial visit to ROYAL CLASSIC MILLS (P) LTD, Tirupur.
- 16.07.2019: Industrial visit to Soft Tex Processing Mills, Perundurai.
- 04.01.2019: Industrial visit to Gokulam Industries, Tirupur.
- 05.01.2018: Industrial visit to Shaki Exports Bangulore.
- 15.12.2017: Industrial visit to Deenu Embroidery, Tirupur.
- 15.12.2017: Industrial visit to PV international, Tirupur.
- 08.09.2017: Industrial visit to Vani Creaction Tirupur.
- 14.07.2017: Industrial visit to Silk Exhibition, Suguna Kalyana Mandapam, Coimbatore.
- 11.08.2016: Industrial visit to Shri Ramalinga sowdambika cooperative society, Sirumugai
- 10.08.2016: Industrial visit to Victus Dying, Tirupur.
- 20.08.2015: Industrial visit to Morning Star Apparels, Tirupur.
- 13.08.2015: Industrial visit to Shri Sowdeshwari Cotton and silk handloom weavers society, Sirumugai
- 24.07.2015: Industrial visit to Deepthy Compacting, Tirupur
- 21.01.2015: Industrial visit to Shri Ranga Tex, Coimbatore
- 23.07.2014: Industrial visit to Adarsh Knitwear, Tirupur
- 14.02.2014: Industrial visit to Silk unit, Coimbatore
- 27.09.2013: Industrial Visit to Network Clothing Company, Tirupur
- 06.03.2013: Industrial Visit to Fashion Embroideries, Vishnu Exports,Tirupur.
- 14.12.2012: Industrial Visit to Karthikeya Printers, Coimbatore
- 07.02.2012: Industrial Visit to Srivari Apparels, Hope College
- 12.01.2012: Inustrial Visit to Srivari Apparels, MM Fashion , Saravanampatti.
- 29.01.2019 - Universal Peace Foundation- Annur.
- 21.07.2017- Universal Peace Foundation- Annur.
- 25.03.2017: Embroidery stitches - Annur village.
- 22.08.2016: Soaps & Detergent Making- Vadamadurai Village.
- 24.01.2013: Mariyalaya-Children’s Home -feeding and clothing -No of beneficieries-105
- 06.02.2012: Fabric Painting-Sivanadapuram - No of beneficieries-59
- 20.07.2010: Method of Dyeing-Veerakeralam- No of beneficieries-50
- 22.08.2009: Soaps & Detergent Making – Maniyakarampalayam- No of beneficieries-60
- 22.09.2008: Embroidery Stitches & Designs- Cheran colony - No of beneficieries-45