DEPARTMENT OF COMmerce with computer applications
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications which was started in year 2000-2001.
The department extended its wings further in the year 2002-2003 with the introduction of Post Graduation Programme in M.Com (CA) amalgamating commerce with computer components.
The Department has been further upgraded by the introduction of Research programme M.Phil., (FT/PT) in 2005-06.
A team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff members maintains a healthy staff-student relationship and plays a vital role in guiding and shaping students to suit the global market.
- To enhance the students’ knowledge and skills on the Applications of Computer in the field of Commerce and to increase the positive attitude and subject knowledge of the students by the way of conducting seminars on E-Commerce, E- Banking and E- Marketing.
- To improve the research knowledge in the field of Commerce with Computer Applications.
- To supply required manpower resources to the corporate world.
Under Graduate Programme
3 Years Course
A Programme that is designed to equip students with the knowledge of computer engineering and programming to expand their technological horizons.
Post Graduate Programme
2 Years Course
M.Com CA- M.com Computer Application is a post graduate computer application course. It concerns with the computer software design to help the users to perform singular or multiple related specific tasks.
- The Department has well furnished Staff room with Laptop, Desktop, and Intercom
- Department Library with 194 Books, 30 E-Books, 55 E-Thesis, 46 Course Materials
- Spacious ventilated 11 Class rooms
- Class rooms with ICT Facility: 01 Fully equipped Laboratory with Internet facilities
- 3 PC, 2 Printers, 1 LCD Projector & 1 Laptop
- Wi-Fi Facility on the Entire Campus for the student and faculty members
We are design thinkers
supporting pm initiatives mapped with aicte
- 10-07-2019: Guest Lecture –I-on”CMA Orientation Programme, CMA Ravindran.K, Chairman, ICMAI – Coimbatore Chapter.
- 31-01-2019: Guest Lecture-IV on Financial services of Banking Sector in India”. N.Senthilkumar, Vice President & Branch Manager, Equities Small Finance Bank Limited, Coimbatore.
- 26-02-2019: Guest Lecture-V on “Contemporary Issues in Finance with reference to India”. Dr.R.Chandrasekaran, Associate Professor, Dr.NGP Arts and Science College, Coimbatore.
- 28-02-2019: Guest Lecture-VI on “Portfolio Analysis in Investment Management with reference to India” Dr.Padmasani, Associate Professor, Department of Commerce, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore-46.
- 12-03-2019: Guest Lecture-VII on “Financial services of Banking Sector in India”. Mr.N.Senthilkumar, Branch Manager, Equities Small Finance Bank Limited, Coimbatore.
- 09-02-2018: Guest lecture on” Resume Preparation for Career and Skills” Mr.S.Gerals Arul Raj, Consultant for Career Guidance, Coimbatore.
- 21-02-2018: Guest lecture on” The Role of Cryptocurrency in the Digitalized Economy of India, Dr.R.Chandrasekaran, Dr. NGP Arts and Science College, Coimbatore.
- 22-02-2018: Guest lecture on” The Recent Trends in Application Softwares for Business Activities” Dr.Boopathi Gopalakrishnan, Professor, Botho University, Botswana.
- 02-08-2018: Guest Lecture-I on” Personality Development: Ladder for Success, Mr.S.Sukumar,CEO, Global Vision Training Academy, Coimbatore.
- 21-08-2018: Guest Lecture-II on” Opportunities for CMA Aspirants: CMA Ravindran.K, Chairman, ICMAI – Coimbatore Chapter.
- 04-10-2018: Guest Lecture-III on “Opportunities in the Globalized Economy” Mr.M.Divakar, Administrative Officer, ICMAI, Coimbatore.
- 11-02-2017: Guest lecture on "Derivatives in Commodity Markets" by Thiru.P.N.Radhakrishnan, Auditor, Coimbatore.
- 11-08-2017: Guest lecture on‘Impact of GST on Common People”. Mrs.Meena Ramji, Chairperson, Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India – Coimbatore.
- 29-08-2017: Guest lecture on “Functions of TALLY” Mrs.S.Senthilkumar, Assistant Professor, Dr.NGP College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
- 13-09-2017: Guest lecture on “Opportunities for Cost and Management Accountants in India under the New Indirect Tax System” Dr.K.Mayilmurugan, Chairman of Southern Regional Council of Cost and Management Accountants of India
- 11-02-2017: "Derivatives in Commodity Markets" by Thiru.P.N.Radhakrishnan, Auditor, Coimbatore
- 30-01-2017: "Derivatives and Capital and Money Markets" by Mr.S.Kannan, PSG College of Arts and Science
- 13-01-2017: "Demonetization and Digital Payments" by Mr.Srikrishnan, KarurVysya Bank, Karur
- 28-12-2016: "The Impact of Demonetization on the small traders in India" by Dr.P.R.Maheswar, VLB College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- 18-10-2016: "Special feature and possible impact of GST on Indian Economy" by H.Asif Ahamed Sherieff,Auditor,Coimbatore Chapter, Coimbatore
- 17-02-2015: "Logistics Management and Maritime Management" by Mr.D.A.Sukumar, Indian Institute of Logistics
- 01-07-2013: "Reasons for the Devaluation of Rupee" by Dr.A.Somu, Vivekananda Institute of Management Studies
- 20-10-2012: "The Retail Market: the New Gateway in India" by Dr.G.B.Karthikeyan, Chikkena Govt. Arts College
- 30-07-2012: "Recent Trends in Green Marketing: by Dr.C.Dharmaraj, Chikkena Govt. Arts College
- 27-09-2011: "Export and import procedures", by Dr.K.Poogiyannan, Govt. Arts College
- 06-03-2019: National Level Seminar on “Digital Economy of India: Challenges and Opportunities” Dr.Samuthrakani, Professor and Head, Department of Commerce, Annamalai University Annamalai Nagar.
- 28-02-2018: National Level Conference on “Rejuvenation of Banking Industry in India” Dr.A.Shubha, Director, Department of Commerce, Reva University, Bangalore, Dr.A.Elangovan, Professor and Head, Department of Commerce, Periyar University, Salem, Dr.T.Joseph, Associate Professor and Head Department of Commerce, Loyola College and Dr.S .Sumathi, Head, Department of Commerce, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- 25.02.2019: organized Trade Fair for the students of our college at 01.30 p.m. in the S.G Hall. The Gamification (do and learn) and Trade Fair (display) will be conducted in the above hall.
- 04-02-2019: collaborative teaching programme conducted in the department
- 28-02-2018: National Conference on “Rejuvenation of Banking Industry in India” by Dr.Shankar Chatterjee, Professor and Head National Institute of Rural Development, Telengana, Dr.T.Joseph, Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Commerce, Loyola College, Chennai and Dr.M.Sumathy, Dean, School of Commerce, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- 12-10-2017: Awareness Programme on “Dengue Fever”
- 23-09-2017: Organized Inter-Dept. Competitions
- 15-09-2017: Organized Commerce Exhibition (GENMAC) in SG Hall , College campus.
- 07-07-2017: Awareness Programme on ICMAI, CMA Subbaraman.S, Vice-Chairman, Coimbatore Chapter, ICAI.
- 06-02-2017: Workshop on "Types of digital payments theory and practices"
- 09-03-2017: Nation Conference on "Problems and Prospects of Demonetization in India"
- 04-02-2015: National Level Seminar on "Agri. Finance and Its Impact on the Economic Development of India"
- 01-03-2013: National Level Seminar on “The Role of Tourism Sector in Indian Economy” by Dr.A.Sivakumar,Director of Tourism Government of Pondicherry,Managing Director,Pondicherry,Tourism Development Corporation
- 30-09-2011: National Level Seminar on “Financial Sector Reforms” by Dr.R.Shanmugam,Professor of Management,BSMED, Bharathiar University,Coimbatore.
- 19-02-2011: National Level Seminar on “E-Taxation” by C.A.Arjunraj,Charted Accountant, Past Chairman of SIRC of ICAI,Coimbatore.
- 24-02-2010: National Level Seminar on “E-Marketing” by Dr.G.Ganesan, Department of Commerce,Bharathiar University,Coimbatore.
- 11-03-2009: "National Level Seminar on“Insurance sector Reforms” conducted by Prof.V.Rajagopalan,Joint Director of Collegiate Education,Coimbatore.
- 29-07-2019: Extension Activities- Vellakinar Lake Cleaning, Vellakianar, Coimbatore.
- 28-01-2019: Extension Activities –I cleaning the campus of the Lord Arulmigu Virugedeeswarar Temple at Thudiayalur in Coimbatore.
- 31-01-2019: Extension Activities –II- Cleaning and Providing Food Materials and New Dresses to Children in Universal Peace Foundation at Annur in Coimbatore.
- 01-02-2019: Extension Activities –III- Swatch Bharath Village Cleaning Programme in Coimbatore district.
- 18-10-2017: Extension Activities -II - Orphanage - Cleaning the Home and providing Sweet and New Dresses to Gilgal Children’s Home.
- 27-10-2017: Extension Activities-III- Temple Cleaning At Maruthamalai Murugan Temple.
- 24-02-2014: Kumarasamy Matric hr.sec.school-Ganapathy,Coimbatore
- 23.12-2013: Govt.Hr.Sec.School,Karuvalur
- 12-09-2012: Universal Peace Foundation,Paduvampalli, Annur-641659
- 16-04-2011: Universal Peace Foundation,Paduvampalli, Annur-641659
- 17-04-2010: K.V.Matriculation School,Kurumpapalayam(PO),Coimbatore-7
- 11-04-2009: Marialaya Salesian Sister Rehabilitation Home,Coimbatore